“As a school counselor, I find the books invaluable resources to use with parents. The information is solid, timely and relevant to raising kids in today’s environment. — Tara Vargas, Counselor in Portland, OR
Want to take your passion for children another step further? Here are two additional ideas to get your juices flowing:
How Raising Our Sons/Daughters Parenting Groups Can Help And Why You Should Care
As a professional, you’ll get the following benefits:
- Have resources at your fingertips with research-based materials from over 500 sources and 120 authors.
- Educate groups of parents to parent effectively around child and adolescent issues rather than focusing on individual parents.
- Lessen the workload on counselors, vice principals and other school staff by shifting parents from reactive parenting to proactive parenting.
- Promote preventative school counseling.
- Teach parents to prepare for the tween and teen years.
- Share with the parent and school communities the importance of kids being bonded to home and school in order to prevent high-risk adolescent behaviors.
- Build Developmental Assets for your school and community by sponsoring discussion groups based on our Guides.
- Give direction to your PTA or PTSA by involving them in setting up discussion groups.
- Help your school counselors or vice principal to participate with the local parent community by sponsoring Raising Our Sons and Raising Our Daughters groups.